Téma: Japans Junko Omote and Kaori Nakamura

Vancouver, BC (SportsNetwork.com) - Ryan Miller faced his former team for the first time and his 20 saves helped the Vancouver Canucks to a 5-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Friday. Miller played against the team he won a Vezina Trophy with for the first time since being traded to St. Louis last February. He had a chance to play them late last season while with the Blues, but opted to sit out. His strong game saw his former team drop its 14th straight game, all in regulation, as the team is suffering through a franchise-record losing streak. Bo Horvat, Radim Vrbata, Chris Higgins, Nick Bonino and Yannick Weber all scored for the Canucks, who had lost two straight coming in. Chris Stewart had both the goals for the Sabres, who have also lost 14 straight games on the road. Matt Hackett allowed four goals on 37 shots in the loss. Malcom Brown Jersey . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Ken Stabler Jersey . The Laval Rouge et Or defensive back/kick-returner gained the invitation following his showing Sunday at an NFL regional combine in Baltimore. http://www.customsaintsjersey.com/custo … 2472e.html . Terry came from Boston along with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce but has appeared in just 35 games after a knee injury, averaging 4.5 points on 36 per cent shooting. Evans was a favourite of fans but not coach Jason Kidd, who used him in just 30 of their 51 games. Zach Wood Jersey . De La Rosa pitched six strong innings to win his sixth consecutive decision, Todd Helton homered and the Colorado Rockies snapped the Los Angeles Dodgers six-game winning streak with a 7-5 victory on Wednesday night. Tom Myers Jersey . Austin Watson, Scott Ford, Filip Forsberg and Mark Van Guilder had the other goals for the Admirals (30-21-12). Scott Darling made 30 saves for his 10th win of the season. SHIMA, Japan -- Japans Shiho Oyama shot a 4-under 68 on Friday to take the first-round lead in the Mizuno Classic, the final tournament in the LPGA Tours five-event Asian swing. Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. "But yesterday I had some massage and the pain is gradually fading." Jiyai Shin, the tournament winner in 2008 and 2010, was a stroke back along with fellow South Korean players Chella Choi, Hee-Won Han, Na-Ri Lee, Eun-Bi Jang, American Brittany Lincicome, Japans Junko Omote and Kaori Nakamura and Swedens Pernilla Lindberg. Defending champion Stacy Lewis opened with a 71. The American, the top-ranked player in the field at No. 3, has three victories this year. "It was kind of up and down," Lewis said. "I probably coould have played a lot better but I think it could have been worse.ddddddddddddI played really tough through a lot of cross winds and I just hung in there all day." Torontos Rebecca Lee-Bentham also opened with a 71. Lincicome had an eagle on the first hole before carding four birdies against three bogeys. South Korean star Inbee Park, who leads the money list and player of the year rankings, is sitting out the tournament as is Suzann Pettersen of Norway, who trails Park on both lists. Lewis leads the LPGA Tour in top-10 finishes this season with 16. Her three victories this season include a major championship, and she still has a remote shot at winning the player of the year award with three events remaining. Karrie Webb of Australia, who won here in 2006, was tied for 36th place after an even-par 72. The 54-hole Mizuno Classic is made up of 43 LPGA Tour players and 35 members of the LPGA of Japan. ' ' '